
It was my Mom's 50th birthday on the 11th so my dad threw a big birthday bash for my fabulous and amazing mom! Addie and I got to fly into Idaho so we could be there for the big event. Let's just say it was a BIG birthday party and my mom deserved every minute of it! 50 roses, 50 balloons and almost 100 guests.

The party was in the back yard and was picnic style. Everyone brought a blanket and then there were fire pits scattered all over the grass so everyone could stay warm. There was also some awesome entertainment!

This cake was so yummy, but after the catered gourmet hamburgers with grilled onions and mushrooms, baked beans, delicious potatoes, fruit and salad, I couldn't eat much of it! Yum!


I know this is not a good picture! Nice red eye huh! Oh well. Anyway, my dad had some help writing a song for my mom that talked about all that gushy stuff like their first kiss and first date and all that stuff. But it wasn't just some lame song, it was a song you would hear on the radio! It is so cute and so good! As it played, Jordy put together a slide show of them and the family and it played on a ginormous blow up screen. Mom of course cried through the whole thing! My mom is pretty much amazing and I have no idea how she does everything she does without going crazy! She only has two kids at home these days, but her other 5 kids are calling her constantly asking her to do something or send them something. It's never ending, and that's why I am not having 7 kids, but she is was definitely fit for it! She's the best mom EVER!!! Happy Birthday Mom!
4 comments:
I agree, your mom is wonderful! I am glad you guys got to celebrate her!
Wow what a party!!! It looks like a lot of fun!
okay that is the cutest thing ever!!!
that looked like so much fun, I think every girl dreams her husband will do something that cool for her on her 50th!
Post a Comment