7.23.2010

The Lake...


Time for the annual Lake Blaine post! Like always, it was a blast. The water was a little on the cool side this year but the kids didn't seem to mind. Addie was a little fish and was always up for a swim. Coop man wasn't near as crazy as I had anticipated. If we were down at the dock he just hung out in the boat so he couldn't escape.

Last year Addie rode the tube and water sprayed in her face so we couldn't get her to do it again after that. Luckily this year she was totally game. She chose Papa and Run Run to ride with her. The first few minutes she was screaming of course but and then Papa "fell asleep" and had her laughing and happy. A few days later she even recruited 2 riders and a driver so she could go on a tube ride. She knows just how the system works!

Coop would only sit in the drivers seat in the boat. That was HIS place and where he was happiest. He was a good sport about having to wear his life jacket(his life jacket with flowers on it. Why buy a new one when Addie's old one fits!) This kids could down a box of Otter Pops in a day, I'm sure of it! Next year we'll take him on the tube and maybe skiing with Papa.
Oh man, best part of the trip. My dad came up with a brilliant plan to have a swim relay across the lake, the short distance of course. There were 10 of us. My dad started us off with a nice dive. He lasted about a minute. We were all surprised how quickly he was done...until we did it ourselves. That was TOUGH! Swimming in a lake is totally different than the pool! When one person was tired the next dove in as the boat just rode along side. I think I lasted about 30 seconds until I hit a wall and could not breath any longer. Pathetic! Well, we finished in 11:16 which wasn't too shabby. We did it again the next week and shaved a good 2 minutes off our time. I think this will become a yearly tradition for sure!.

Have you ever seen such glassy water?! (bottom left hand corner) Best water skiing water you'll ever have.
Surfing has taken over our family! It's the laziest water sport there is and so boring to watch but so fun when you're the one doing it. We used to get up at the crack of dawn so we could have the best water for us die hard water skiiers and now we roll out of bed at 9:00 and go surf. We do still ski, but not like we used to.
I'm always ready to come home but 2 days after being home I want to go back! Me, Lauren and Erin enjoyed morning runs through the pine tree crowded roads and open rolling fields in the perfect weather in the middle of no where. It was so nice. I'd go running a lot more often if I got to run with that scenery. Now I get to start training for a marathon I'm running in December but not quite sure how I'm suppose to in 110 degree weather. It should be fun :)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

what an amazing trip!! i love the relay across the lake idea. that sounds so fun! and i am just the same as you when it comes to having a boy in girl's hand-me-downs. ian used to wear a purple and pink swim vest. he and coop have a lot in common.

Chelsea said...

How fun!!! ...and you are running a marathon??????? you crazy girl! I miss you! coming to visit any time soon? I have a new house for you to come see :)