9.09.2007

Mmm....Cafe Rio

Since Tanner and I live way out in Texas and there is no Cafe Rio or Costa Vida, we have to create our own. No it is not as good as the real stuff, but it is still very good! First, we buy fresh tortillas from our local HEB. Then I make a cilantro rice, which tastes very similar! Then comes the black beans, of course these just come from a can. The most important part....the sweet pork! After slow cooking for 8 long hours it is ready to add to our salad! Mmm good! I make a nice fresh pico de gallo to top off the whole thing! Oh wait, and then of course the cilantro lime dressing that I also make. It's very tasty! This dinner is quite the production and a lot of work but it is well worth it and leaves us plenty of leftovers!

2 comments:

Lane Blake said...

I would love to know how you make it (the receipe) I always am looking for new things to make. Plus I miss Cafe Rio

The Ensign's said...

You have very sophisticated (sp?) taste. I wouldn't eat half the things in that. Mainly cause I've never heard of them.