11.24.2007

Christmas Time!!!


So we did the whole get up at 5:00 a.m. to go shopping thing the day after Thanksgiving this year. I've always thought those people were crazy and then this year I found myself actually wanting to go! We got our poor little girl up at 5:30 and then we were off to Target! I love Target! There was quite the line to get into the store but after that it wasn't all that bad! We did end up getting a few things but one of things wasn't even on sale. We probably will go again next year so we can get some good toys for Addie!
Later that night we went up to a little town just north of Austin with our friends to see a little christmas tree lighting. It was the cutest little old town and they had great carolers singing!
These are our cute friends the Jones. We liked them until they moved out of our ward!:)

This guy was hilarious! It was Scrooge walking around the whole night with that onery grin on his face! When we asked him if we could get a picture with him he just went off about of Christmas. "Christmas is a monumental bah humbug!" He also said "Christmas is a made up holiday designed to steal you money." Scrooge played the part well.
When this picture was taken I said to him "Scrooge, you didn't smile for the picture." With no change in his expression, the smug old man with beady little eyes exclaimed "What are you, on a holiday." He made our night, and somehow put me in the Christmas spirit.

We found these cute little rockers in one of the stores! Too bad it was like $250! Oh and yes, Addie has somewhat of a black eye! She fell on the cement face first! Ouch! We felt so bad!

I'm so excited that Christmas time is here! I decorated about 2 weeks ago because I just couldn't wait any longer! Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

allegra said...

looks like fun guys! it also looks as though texas is getting cold (from how you're dressed.) boston is freezing now! i hate it. nothing that a good old aggie can't handle though, right? we're trained:)

im sure your pie was good. i made a pie for t day too. it looked like crap! especially the crust...but hey, it was tasty!

Eevi said...

Cute pics Dani:) you guys always look so cute and seem to be doing cool stuff. How can we be cool like you guys??

The Ensign's said...

Wow... your crazy!!! I wasn't ever one to do the whole Day after Thanksgiving thing either, but last year I decided to give it a whirl. Not very impressed. Unless I know of something I've gotta have that's a great deal I dont think I'll do it again and I even had someone to leave Shay with. There's no way I'd bring her along. Way to hectic. Your a better woman than me that's for sure!!! I'd rather pay a little more to be able to sleep in and avoid the chaos and long lines.

Anonymous said...

You guys are brave!! Tanner must be the most patient guy in the world to do the Black Friday thing, Bradey would rather get his toes pulled off!! Caroline has the same coat as Addie, so cute...