4.29.2008

My Friendly Daughter...


Addison has been cracking me up lately when we are in stores. She has been saying bye to the cashiers for a couple of months now but now she has started saying hi and waving to just about everyone we pass. I was at the happiest place on earth aka Walmart the other day and as I was picking out some eggs she starts waving and saying hi in the sweetest voice to the lady behind me. I thought it was cute. Then she waved and said hi the next man that we passed by the cheeses. I think in all she said hi to at least 5 people. The best was when we were in the check out line and as I'm loading the groceries in the cart she starts to say hi and waves to the cashier. Well the cashier lady couldn't hear so Addie repeated her herself about 5 time and leaned closer to the lady until finally she heard her and got a hi back. Same thing at the mall today. She made lots of new friends that we'll never see again. She even turned around in her stroller to say hi to a lady about 100 ft behind us. So she is nice when she wants to be! Addie is still enjoying her new baby doll that grandma gave her. I went out and bought her a stroller because every little girl needs one right! So we're heading off to Target the other day and she wants to bring her baby so we grab the baby and Addie starts throwing a fit because she wants the stroller also. So I haul the stroller down the stairs and she pushes it to the car. I load our new addition to the family in the car with the stroller and we're finally on our way. As I'm trying to get Addie out of the car she will not let go of her baby. Fine, she can bring it in. Well, she threw another fit because she wanted the stroller in the store as well. No I did not let her take the stroller in, but her baby did come with us along with the 2 other stores we went into . This is becoming a daily occurence. Even if Addie doesn't have her baby with her at the moment, as we walk out the door she starts crying for her baby. I might have to get a car seat for the baby.


We learned a brilliant game from our little nephew and brother in law. It's called Guy, No Guy. It's pretty much the game of slapjack, except you say "Guy" whenever there is a face card and "No Guy" with the numbers. Tanner taught it to Addie a few weeks ago and she's quite good at it and even yells "Guy!"

Tan always finds the most random things to do with Addie! But she's always laughing so it's fine with me! Last night as he was suppose to be changing her diaper he got side tracked and started building towers on her head. She was laughing pretty hard and look how tall they got it! Amazing! What a talented family I have...

3 comments:

allegra said...

reading those cute things she does was so so darling. i think i would just start laughing everytime my kid was that friendly with strangers. don't you wish adults were like that sometimes too? so enthusiastic:)

good for you for entering addie in a baby contest!!! i'll vote for her! good luck! she's SO cute!

The Wife said...

I'm impressed that Tanner taught Addie a card game. And the block stacking is fantastic!

Chelsea said...

that is so funny about her stroller! she is getting so big:) oh I wish our girls could play together!