9.26.2008

My Finished Project

Before we left Austin some family friends gave us this little kid chair. It's very cute except the fabric of course! So I decided we'd reupholster it and make it cute. The cheapest place was $125.00 plus fabric and since we are poor students once again I decided to make it my very own project and do it myself. This thing was a beast to take apart! It took me a good week just to take it apart because there were so many dang staples! I always hate the projects I start about half way through! It ended up taking me about 2 days to put it together and wha la....

a cream chenille chair with brown and green paisley fabric vs. faded denim and red that was previously on it! I wanted to do something kind of in the middle of boy-girl so if I ever have a boy it won't be all pink! Anyway, I'm satisfied with my chair and am glad I am DONE!!!! Now onto some curtains!




P.S. My mom got this little fairy dress for Addie and now that Erin got her hooked on Cinderella, all she wants to do is sing "Bipedy boppedy boo" and dance around with her wand!

11 comments:

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

Oh I actually like those annoying tags, especially to read them!!! And I love the chair, very talented! I don't know if I would have the patients to do it. And the video of Addie is adorable, wouldn't it be fun if we were the small again?

The Wife said...

The chair looks great!

Chelsea said...

are you kidding me about that chair? GOOD JOB!!! and that video is so cute!

Erin said...

Um so....ADDIE is amazing but you already new that! I would go as far as to see she is my best friend EVER!!!!! I love the video she is so cute i can hardly stand it! And the chair is great. Its super cute, you did awesome...and i had my doubts when i watched you start taking it apart!

Sarah D said...

Dani! The chair looks awesome! Way to go! I am totally jealous and I wish I could do something like that... you are amazing!

Eevi said...

Nice job Dani! What a crazy(but cute) girl you have!

Joanie said...

Who knew you were so crafty?! The chair is adorable.

Whitney Blake said...

Erin may be the coolest aunt ever, I laughed harder watching Erin dance around then little Addie. I loved it! Plus the chair way to go crafty butt!

allegra said...

Erin is such a cute aunt!! I thought that video was so darling, and hello CUTE CHAIR!!! I've never reupholstered something.. I can imagine it would be tricky though. You did a great job, and i'm loving those colors.

so i got your note about friday. is that addie's birthday?? only thing is, Dan and i were going to go out that night b/c it's our anniversary!! hmmmm.... how weird it happens to fall on the same day, huh?

Suzy said...

lucas would like to request more addie videos. he's freaking out right now!

allegra said...

so thanks for the invite Dani! We appreciate it. Sorry we can't come. Bummer too cause I was actually really looking forward to her party and having M and her play again. Oh well...make sure to tell her happy bday from us:)

And yes, of course I'd take some pics of you guys!! Can't say they'll turn out perfect since I'm no pro but I'll give it a shot! Let me know when. I'm open for anytime next week or so...