3.22.2011

Disneyland Again...

I know I know, how many blog posts can you do about Dland? Well, this may be our 3rd in the past year. Sorry, that's what happens when you live 5 hours away from there. I am not complaining though. So Tan had some work down in LA and had to drive so we decided to tag along of course. I have to say I have the BEST little travelers. Seriously. They did not make a peep (meaning whine) one time in the car on our 6 hour drive. My dad is currently working in Santa Monica so we drove straight there to see him at work aka Beachbody headquarters. Coop man came away with a beachbody ball that he's in love with and Addie came home with a P90X blanket. Score. They love their Papa and he had fun showing them off to the office so it was fun to see him!
I am tellin ya, I could NEVER live in CA. I left his office at 3 in the afternoon and was in traffic the whole way to Anaheim. A drive that should have taken 35 minutes took 1 1/2 hours. Luckily though, my kids are awesome. I was by myself the whole time too so it was so nice they were well behaved. I learned that no matter what time it is or what day it is, you will ALWAYS hit traffic in LA. Boo.
They were wired when we got into the hotel room, understandably of course.
Anyway, the kids and I hit up Dland Thursday to beat the Spring Break rush that started on Friday. It was perfect. The longest wait was about 25 minutes.

The biggest hit were the Tea Cups. I wasn't sure how Coop would handle them but he was fine. Addie loves them and wanted to spin around as fast as we could. I took it easy because I didn't want any throw up on me. It was the ride she wanted to keep going on and there was never a line.
He seriously just hung out. He was like this on all the rides. He's just so chill.

Ha, only picture I could get of all of us.

We of course had to stop for a cotton candy break. I only wish I had bought 2 bags. I didn't get nearly enough.
Coop enjoyed it a little too much.



He didn't nap the whole time we were there until we were walking to pick toys out. Good thing he likes what I picked for him. He now LOVES Buzzlightyear. Maybe because it's the only name he can say from Toy Story...
I was worried about taking the kids by myself but it turned out fine. Addie said she was ready to go back to the hotel about 2 hours after we had gotten there...um heck no. You will ride the rides and you will like them! She had a few melt downs towards the end but Coop was awesome! I would do it again by myself but next time I want to go kidless. It's so fun!

3 comments:

{lindy baker cakes} said...

Looks like so much fun! Is this a recent job for your dad doing the Beach Body stuff? That's awesome!

Suzy said...

that's so impressive that you went by yourself. I would have been terrified!:)

Our Fun Times said...

That is AWESOME!!! I agree, Dland is ALWAYS so much fun!! Just such a fun feeling there. What good little kiddos traveling so well, and doing Disney land so well. Can't beat that! :) Miss having you guys just around the corner to hang out with, but I'm sure you are enjoying having your own place. :) Glad we have the blogs to keep up with ya.