7.17.2008

Days at the Lake

We had a fabulous time at the lake this year. I thought Addie would be a pain in the rear and be all over the place but she was pretty good. This is the vacation my family looks forward to every year. It is not ok to miss the Lake Blaine vacation! A day at the lake consists of waking up around 8:30, eating nice, hot, homemade bran muffins, go for a morning ski, and sitting on the dock the rest of day. Of course we take breaks from the sunshine to grab lunch and eat way too much other junk, We'll play cards, go on tube rides, wake surf, watch Toph (my brother) wakeboard and do whatever we want. This year the big hit with everyone was the wake surf. It's so easy and anyone can do it! It's so boring to watch, but sure fun to do!

Addie loved the boat after 2 tries. The first time she screamed for 20 minutes straight. After that she loved it and was always asking to go on a boat ride. She didn't even mind having her life jacket on which I thought would be a struggle. She learned lots of new phrases from her aunts. "Peace" (as she holds her five fingers up and tries to make the peace sign), "Hit the road" and throws her thumb over her shoulder, "Eew Gross!" which is my favorite. She learned everyone's names really quick and is still asking for some of her aunties. Addie loved playing in the water and throwing rocks. Her next favorite thing was to go on walks down to our friends swing set. I think she averaged 2 walks a day and I never took her! I love lots of family!

On Sunday we went into Glacier National Park to wander around. It was gorgeous and a nice break from being in the sunshine for a day! On the 4th of July people set fireworks (the big ones) off their docks so all 17 of us piled in the boat with lots of blankets and watched all the fireworks from the middle of the Lake. Addie loved them. For the first little bit when she heard one go off she'd go "Bang" and throw her hand in the air.

At night we had to have something to do so my dad went out and bought Rock Band and that's what entertained us for a good week and a half. I'm not big on playing video games but Rock Band is pretty fun! The drums are by far the funnest to play.
My dad loved this game since he secretly has always wanted to be a rock star. Some day maybe, but probably not.

It is always such a fun vacation and it's always sad when it's over because we know we have to wait another year to go again. Hopefully Tan will be able to come again some time. He hasn't come the past 2 years and I'm not counting on next summer because he'll have some internship. I'll still be there though!

0 comments: