6.06.2011

May May and May


May started out rough. I had promised Addie we could have a slumber party on the living room floor one Friday night so we did. I am waaay to old to be sleeping on floors! Every time I moved that night it hurt somewhere. Too old I tell ya. Next time I think I'll sneak upstairs after she falls asleep.
And then there was Mother's Day. Here they are making me my favorite breakfast, french toast. They got me a Meyer Lemon tree and I am pretty excited about it. It won't have lemons until winter but fresh squeezed lemonade is sooo good!
And I threw this one in just because :)

A couple weeks ago we decided to head to Utah as a surprise. Tan was in between jobs so he had a week off. I flew up with the kids and Erin a few days early and surprised everyone. We got to La La before she headed off to Ecuador for a couple months.
My kids are so happy at Nana and Papa's house. There is the dog, Hurley, Fluffy, the big cat and Laudee, the new kitten. They were in HEAVEN chasing all the animals around, especially the poor little kitty.
They also love to take Hurley for walks but when it's raining outside they just take my dad on walks through the house. There is a real leash on him you just can't see :)

Coop's 2nd birthday was on Memorial Day and were going to be driving home so we had a little party early. It was really no big deal. This was the easiest cake I've ever made too.

It was rainy most of the time we were there which I could care less about! Bring on the rain, I love it! There were some nice days and those were spent outside for sure! They helped my mom weed a little, went on walks, jumped on the trampoline and chased the animals.
Now we are home in AZ and it was 107 yesterday...shoot me now. The kids are in swim lessons and are hating every second of it. Addie will start a little summer camp tomorrow for a few weeks which is good because she and Coop have been fighting all day! Perfect timing.

2 comments:

The Ensign's said...

You're kids are darling! Too cute!

Jordyn Parry said...

That cake is awesome Dani! Good work! And i love the sleepover idea.